Pets can play an important role in our lives as we age. Part of the sense of self-esteem is obviously the consciousness of being useful. Pets, therefore, make it possible also for older people to satisfy such needs by enabling them to look after somebody. Yes, to have to look after somebody and to take …
Did You Know?
- The Census Bureau estimates that more than 2.3 million Texans were aged 65 or older in 2006, accounting for 9.9 percent of the state's population. That share is expected to rise to 11.7 percent of the total by 2015.
- Texans 60-plus are projected to total 8.1 million by 2040, a 193 percent increase from 2000. By 2040, the 60-plus population is projected to comprise 23 percent of the total Texas population.
- The Texas Baby Boomers population (those age 55-64) totals over 5.6 million, or about 28 percent of the total Texas population.
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
- Grandparents raising grandchildren: Helpful resources, assistance and support: http://t.co/1nHCWG0teO http://t.co/A7xLvECA5s about 44 minutes ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Yes, I know...it's Monday already. So here's wishing everyone the best week ever! http://t.co/AGl4ns0OwF 12:42:43 PM May 20, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I posted a new photo to Facebook http://t.co/jTsfnLoM3d 08:10:12 PM May 19, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I posted a new photo to Facebook http://t.co/20HxQ81LoJ 08:10:12 PM May 19, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- What a great way to look at life, don't you think? http://t.co/tGSzMKROjN 01:16:30 PM May 19, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite