Alzheimer’s, Memory Care and Caregiver Resources 65.7 million caregivers make up 29% of the U.S. adult population providing care to someone who is ill, disabled or aged. In Texas, the costs of care giving are staggering. In 2012, approximately 1.3 million caregivers provided 1.5 billion hours of unpaid care for a total cost of $18.2 …
Did You Know?
- The Census Bureau estimates that more than 2.3 million Texans were aged 65 or older in 2006, accounting for 9.9 percent of the state's population. That share is expected to rise to 11.7 percent of the total by 2015.
- Texans 60-plus are projected to total 8.1 million by 2040, a 193 percent increase from 2000. By 2040, the 60-plus population is projected to comprise 23 percent of the total Texas population.
- The Texas Baby Boomers population (those age 55-64) totals over 5.6 million, or about 28 percent of the total Texas population.
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
- Grandparents raising grandchildren: Helpful resources, assistance and support: http://t.co/1nHCWG0teO http://t.co/A7xLvECA5s 12:45:06 PM May 21, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Yes, I know...it's Monday already. So here's wishing everyone the best week ever! http://t.co/AGl4ns0OwF 12:42:43 PM May 20, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I posted a new photo to Facebook http://t.co/jTsfnLoM3d 08:10:12 PM May 19, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I posted a new photo to Facebook http://t.co/20HxQ81LoJ 08:10:12 PM May 19, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- What a great way to look at life, don't you think? http://t.co/tGSzMKROjN 01:16:30 PM May 19, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tag Archive: alzheimers
June 6, 2012
June 6, 2012
Dallas’ first Neighborhood Memory Café will come into existence at 10:00 am June 7th, 2012. By Carole B. Larkin Alzheimer’s Reading Room It started as the dream of a phenomenal woman, Pat Sneller. Pat’s husband Lee has early onset Alzheimer’s, and for the past several years they have been vocal advocates for the concept of …