According to the U.S. Census Bureau, there are approximately 25.7 million people who live in Texas, and about 10.3% of them are seniors over the age of 65; that is about 2.6 million Texans. As Texans age, the cost of retirement becomes the focus of any financial planning. By the time someone turns 65, hopefully …
Did You Know?
- The Census Bureau estimates that more than 2.3 million Texans were aged 65 or older in 2006, accounting for 9.9 percent of the state's population. That share is expected to rise to 11.7 percent of the total by 2015.
- Texans 60-plus are projected to total 8.1 million by 2040, a 193 percent increase from 2000. By 2040, the 60-plus population is projected to comprise 23 percent of the total Texas population.
- The Texas Baby Boomers population (those age 55-64) totals over 5.6 million, or about 28 percent of the total Texas population.
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
- "Be strong, trust yourself, love yourself, conquer your fears, just go after what you want and act fast because life just isn't that long." about 5 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Here's a list of Texas senior home care providers. Let us know if your company would like to be listed too!... http://t.co/iFLh2QobB2 about 10 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Budget cuts impacting Medicare and Medicaid will leave Texas nursing home providers no choice but to scale back... http://t.co/TEaUNEt9FM about 18 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The Ensign Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:ENSG) announced Wednesday the acquisition of three skilled nursing facilities... http://t.co/X4tkNooZiG about 18 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Will the Nation Go Broke Paying for Senior Housing & Long-Term Care? An informative article from... http://t.co/7oIqjH41F6 about 18 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tag Archive: alternative income source
April 17, 2012
April 17, 2012